James Wilson offer comprehensive laser marking, laser cutting & laser etching services.
We have two in house lasers, CO2 and a YAG laser, which allow us to utilise laser engraving on a wide variety of materials including metals, plastics, wood based products and glass.
We are able to part mark both flat and cylindrical pieces and are capable of handling individual as well as batch quantities.
So what are Laser Marking and Laser Engraving?
- Laser engraving, and laser marking, is the practice of using lasers to engrave or mark an object.
- The technique does not involve the use of inks, nor does it involve tool bits which contact the engraving surface and wear out.
- These properties distinguish laser engraving from alternative engraving or marking technologies where bit heads have to be replaced regularly or inks have to be used.
- Laser marking is both cost effective and kinder to the environment.
- Many materials can be laser engraved / laser marked so please contact us with any enquiries.
- With the latest design software we can laser engrave practically anything from engraved Bar Codes Engraved photographs and corporate logos.
- Laser marking may also be referred to as laser etching, unlike conventional etching, laser etching needs no masks or chemicals.
- Laser etching gives a superior finish as there is no bleed out and the etched marking is more permanent.